Jax turns 2

Wednesday, July 2, 2014

This past weekend we decided to have a small BBQ for Jax and the family to celebrate his 2nd birthday. As soon as we decided to have one, I immediately started to think about what kind of theme we should go with.

Jax, being two, cannot exactly explain what he wanted so I decided that gold dinosaurs and black & white stripes were the way to go. I enjoy the fact that I can get away with what I want to do, however  I know this will change in the near future. I can already see the look on his face, like my Husbands, when I said "gold dinosaurs".





We kept it simple with hamburgers & hotdogs with all the fixings, and ice cold drinks with fun decor here and there. Jax's dinosaur cake looked as delicious as it tasted. I'm pretty pleased the way everything turned out , except one thing really gets under my skin. Can you spot it? I'm such a moron, I forgot the "d" in birthday on the sign I made. That's what happens when you wait at the last minute trying to get everything together while doing ten things at one time. I'm so annoyed, I asked if anyone noticed this and they said no. Even my stepmother that notices everything didn't snap at my disastrous mistake.  I do, however, believe she would have come up to me and said "honey you're missing the d in birthday".








Overall it was a great turnout and a great time as we celebrated my precious son's 2nd birthday!



Here are a few details from the party:

Black & White Striped table cloth | Walmart online
Flowers in Mason Jars| Wholefoods
Wooden letters, black poster board & dinosaurs | Hobby Lobby
Gold Spray Paint used | Krylon Metallic Gold
Dinosaur Hats & Blow up Dino's | The Dollar Store
Gold Foil 2, Black & Gold Balloons | Party City
Small Jax Banner, materials I already had | Glue & Gold Glitter


Enjoy the rest of your week!

Xx
Amber

Post a Comment