ORC // Week 4

Thursday, October 23, 2014

Welcome to week 4 of the One Room Challenge, hosted by Linda from Calling it Home. Life lately is consumed with the kitchen nook. October is my absolute favorite time of year, and because Halloween is this month it makes it even more fabulous! I normally have the house decorated and all that jazz but that's not happening right now. Hopefully this weekend I can get around to decorating and painting some pumpkins.

Well this week has flown by since the last link up. I'm a little annoyed that my fabric for the bench will not be here until Monday (lame!). I'm hoping to tackle that ASAP! The rug that I ordered for this area came in and I'm not liking it at all. So luckily I'm going to use a rug I have and I think it will fit right in. I don't want to order another and have the same issue. We are on a time frame here, no pressure. 


If you follow me on Instagram I'm sure you have seen this rug. She gets around, but in a good way. 

I came across some really cool mirrors on a recent browsing trip to Marshall's. I couldn't believe I found them there. They looked like something I would have found at my favorite antiquing stores. Loving the style but I'm not digging the color, I feel it's a little boring. I need more of a pop. "Hello spray paint can, it's been a while."



Still working on the perfect piece of Art. I want an abstract piece that was in my original design. Budget can be a pain in the butt sometimes. I've come across some amazing pieces that I love but the price tag, eek! I can't help that I have champagne taste on a beer budget. If all else fails I can make my own. I hope I have enough time. Here's a few inspiration pieces via my Pinterest board. 



Thank you for following along and for the lovely comments, it's very encouraging! Only a couple of weeks left before the big reveal. Exciting and scary. Make sure to check out all the other linking participants. Click here

Xx 
Amber 






8 comments

  1. Loving your art inspiration and can't wait to see what you come up with! Same goes for the bright mirrors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooo- I like those mirrors. Nice find - what would we do without Marshall's?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't go wrong with that rug and I can't wait to see what you come up with for the art!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous mirrors! I love the rug too!
    Shelia @ House of Highlands

    ReplyDelete