DIY Graphic Wall

Monday, January 12, 2015


Today I'm sharing an easy DIY I did in our front living area. This is a great alternative to wallpaper, especially if you are renting a home. I love wallpaper, and there's lots of amazing options today. Once we got our new couch, I knew I wanted to change the wall color. It was the darker color that you can see at the stairs. 

Once I painted the wall white, I used some black electrical tape and made a similar pattern that you see in the pictures. After a few days I was sold on the idea. I took the tape off, grabbed some frog tape, black chalk paint,(that I had on hand) and a brush. The difficult and time consuming part is getting the tape down, so the paint doesn't bleed through. 

After I took the tape off I noticed it bled a little. I used a small brush and touched it up. Easy peasy! 

I need to mention that I'm doing these posts from my IPad. My laptop had a virus, before I could get it cleaned up I proceeded to drop it and shatter the screen. So until then, I'm limited here on the iPad. Sorry! 







I love the way it turned out! I figured if I get tired of it, I can always paint over it. I wish you all a fabulous week! 

Xx
Amber 

Chalk Paint - Sherwin Williams 
Picture - Society6
Pillows - Nate Berkus 
Lamp - Nate Berkus 
Brass Peace Hand - Jayson Home 
Mirrors - Estate Sale 
Couch - Ashly Furniture 
Mirrored Side Tables - Estate Sale 
Planter - Antique Store 
Black & Gold Box - Homegoods 

























2 comments

  1. Love the wall Amber!!! Would you mind sharing where the "peace" hand sculpture came from? LOVE it!

    XO,
    Krista
    www.goodwillglam.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Krista! It's from Jaysonhome.com

      Delete