THE INFAMOUS DRESSER

Monday, July 27, 2015

Today I thought I'd share my dresser in the living room. I get a lot of questions about this dresser. If you follow along on Instagram, you may have seen this dresser quite a bit. It was a Craigslist find and it was super ugly! I don't have a before picture, but I painted this dresser before I started the blog. It was also one of my very first projects of painting a bigger piece of furniture.


Once I got my hands on it, I thought about color, and obviously a black lacquered look was the way to go. The fixtures are the original. I spray painted them gold and I'm honestly getting a little tired of them. I'm thinking of changing them out soon. The paint I used is Sherwin Williams All surface enamel oil based gloss in black. The one thing I truly love about this paint is that I don't have to use a primer. This paint is really thick. I used a small roller and a brush to paint this bad boy.





I believe we are going on three years of this dresser. The paint has held up well. The very bottom has kind of worn off, only due to my son opening the bottom drawer. It gets stuck and so it scraped off a little. Other than that I've been really happy with it! 

I'll be back on Friday with my patio reveal. 


I hope you all enjoy the week! 

Xx
Amber 

Post a Comment