ART LOVE

Monday, October 19, 2015

Hello Monday! I apologize for my recent MIA. My Grandfather passed away and it's been a very emotional and draining time. I'm trying to get back to everyday normal around here so I thought today I would share some art picks. I'm trying to grow my collection of art and pictures to add to the gallery wall that will grace the walls of the stairs in my front living area. I've shared here on the blog a wall that I painted and began the picture gallery. I started painting the other two walls a couple of weekends ago. It's been a little difficult due to the wall at the top of the stairs is quite high.

I asked the hubs if he can some how "MacGyver" the ladder so we don't have to rent or buy something else to get this done.  He's been working on it and found a way. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I can get the painting done this weekend. So for the time being I've been looking at some art and I wanted to share some really amazing work. 


Before I get to the art picks, here's a photo that I get so much inspiration from and made me really want to continue with the art and graphic wall along the stairs. 



This image is from the Kips Bay Decorator Show House . It was designed by Philip Mitchell and it's beyond breathtaking. I've thought about a gallery of art and photos along my stairs, but I really never wanted to do it until I came across this beautiful image of design. Of course my style is a little more bold and edgy with my painted graphic wall, but I know when it's all done it will look amazing!


I'm sure some of you have come across some of this photography before. I recently found on Instagram Shop a house in the hills and I have a major crush on two of their pieces from this site. Etsy can be a great site to shop for art. I  found two prints that I simply adore from this shop . I'm sure you probably recognize the gal in the pink swimsuit sunbathing. The photographer is none other then Gia Coppola. She is not only a great filmmaker, but I adore her photography prints that you can find here.

I will keep you all posted on the progress of this project. Yes, I know I have like a million unfinished projects going on around here. I think thats just the way I work. My mind is all over the place with all these ideas dancing around in my head. Now to just get them all done. 

I'll be back on Friday with a Halloween cocktail party that we will be hosting. I can't wait to share the decor with you all.

Xx
Amber 

1 comment