MOODY HALLWAY

Friday, May 27, 2016




Today I'm sharing a mini makeover in our downstairs hallway. I wanted a moody kind of feel for this area. It doesn't get a whole lot of sunlight and it's a view you can see from our family room if you're sitting on the couch. Recently, I would find myself staring off and thinking this shit could look so much better. This wall is sort of an eyesore, it houses three control units for our alarm, AC, and heat. I was trying to think of a way to hide it and look kind of cool at the same time. 

First, I painted the hall using the color Software using Sherwin Williams Emerald Matte Finish. I already had the console table it just needed something different when it came to styling it. I was tired of the bowl that held our keys, change, and whatever else that made a big unorganized slop pile that wasn't helping this areas' cause. I'm not a huge of fan of faux flowers. I decided I needed something to cover that area of the control units.  If I could have something real there, like a plant, it would work out but would probably not do so well with the lack of light. I found these giant leaves at Hobby Lobby and being that they were half off I thought I'd give it a try.  






Let me just say this area was so hard to photograph. The wall on the other side of the camera is totally in my way! I didn't want to get a whole shot of the floor because I really don't like the tile and I feel like it messes with my whole vibe. That is going to change here soon. We found a faux looking wood floor to do our whole downstairs and I seriously can't wait!! 

The gold metal bowl is from Hobby Lobby and its on major clearance. The picture of Roger Moore  I've been wanting forever and I'm happy it now resides in our home. I think Kael is also happy because it's not girly like everything else.  


I hope you all enjoy the long holiday weekend! Cheers!!


Xx
Amber 

Post a Comment