NEW PROJECT IN THE MAKING

Monday, January 8, 2018






Hello January! It's a new year and it's time to get my shit together and tackle all the unfinished and new projects around our home. I'm anxiously awaiting on our new couch for the family room from Interior Define.  I'm hoping to finish up all the details in that area once it arrives. 

Back in August I inherited two pieces of furniture from my grandmother. She moved out of her home that she lived in for the past fifty six years. She had tons of stuff, and my grandmother has exquisite taste in antiques. I was very excited when she offered me a curio cabinet and a desk that belonged to my grandfather. 

The desk is going in Santiagos' room. He voiced to his great grandma that he really wanted it, and I'm so happy that he will have this piece, hopefully forever. 


I've been contemplating on the paint color for the two pieces. I love antiques, but as you know I'm not  a traditional antique kind of gal. I begin looking through my Pinterest boards, and I remembered how much I loved and wanted to incorporate a piece like this in my home. 






This may look crazy to some people, but I love it and I can't wait to get started! I'm not sure on the words I want to display, but I've been searching for something meaningful. 

The cabinet will reside in our family room. It's been like "ring around the rosey" here with the furniture lately. I honestly didn't have the room for the cabinet, but I've always loved it and I'm honored to have it in my home.  

I will share the before and after photos once I get started. The two pieces are currently being housed in the garage and its a hot mess in there! 

Have a great week!  

1 comment

  1. Please visit my website to see the beautiful furniture, the website address is >> http://thicongnoithathcm.com/ , thank you!

    ReplyDelete