PRE-TEEN BEDROOM MAKEOVER

Friday, August 10, 2018








Santiago's room has been screaming for a good cleaning, fresh paint, and some long overdue organization.  I honestly should have tackled his room before Jax',  but I figured Santiago's room is going to be a longer process. Every time I walked into that room it was so bad to the point it made me really angry (welcome to pre-teen hell).

I have a lot of DIY planned for this room. We recently bought him a new bed and mattress. The old bed was a twin and it was the same platform, black and white striped bed that Jax has in his room. Santiago was asking for a bigger bed, which I guess as they get older they tend to do so. I went with a full size bed as I didn't want to go any bigger due to the fact his room is not very large, and I don't want the bed to take up too much space. 

The dresser is getting painted with some new hardware installed. It's a great piece of furniture, but it just needs a little TLC and I have something fun planned for it. We are getting rid of the secretary desk, and moving in the vintage desk we inherited from my grandfather. If you follow me on Instagram you got a peek of the before and the inspiration behind it. 

I also decided to ditch the blinds and add some roman shades. I was thinking of adding some wallpaper, which I am going to create myself. It will cut the cost since we have bought a lot of stuff for this room.

I can't wait for this room to be done and not feel like punching someone when I go into his room. 

Here are the terrifying before photos:






Disturbing right? Can you say HOARDER? Believe it or not I do clean this room, but my son doesn't do a good job at keeping it up. Boys can be dirty and I live with three of them. Below is a list of what we have done and what we still need to get done.

Completed

 -  Room has been cleaned and four huge trash bags have been filled 
      and disposed

 -  Walls have been painted white

 -  New bed is up 

 -  Roman Shades installed 

To be completed

 -  Paint closet and bedroom doors black

-  DIY wallpaper 

-  Paint dresser 

-  Hang TV & art

-  Put together book shelf

-  Organize

-  Style & shoot 

I hope to get a lot done this weekend and next week. I can't wait to share this transformation! For the time being I don't feel like hurting someone when I walk in here. Have a great weekend! 


Xx
Amber 

Post a Comment